A Multicenter Study for the Discovery and Validation of ALS Biomarkers
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
The purpose of the research study is to collect blood samples and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from people with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). These samples will be collected approximately every 4 months.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosis of suspected, possible, probable or definite ALS according to El Escorial Criteria
- Vital capacity (VC) at least 50 percent predicted
- Able to undergo multiple lumbar punctures
- Abnormal CSF pressure or intracranial/intraspinal tumors
- Use of anticoagulant medication that cannot be safely withheld
- Bleeding disorders
- This is a partial listing.