A Postmarketing Observational Study to Assess Respiratory Tract Adverse Events in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Patients Treated With Tyvaso® (Treprostinil) Inhalation Solution
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
A post marketing surveillance to determine the type and incidence of oro/nasopharyngeal or pulmonary adverse events that may occur in patients treated with commercially available Tyvaso®(treprostinil) Inhalation Solution. A comparison will be made to the type and incidence of events in patients receiving other FDA approved therapies for pulmonary arterial hypertension, as a control measure.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Clinical diagnosis of PAH, WHO GROUP I
- Prescribed and is currently receiving Tyvaso and/or other FDA-approved therapy for the treatment of PAH
- Willing and able to provide written informed consent
- Previous initiation and permanent discontinuation of Tyvaso
- Participation in an investigational clinical drug or device trial within 30 days of enrollment
- Current or past diagnosis of lung neoplasm
- Active gastrointestinal or pulmonary bleed at enrollment
- Planned surgical intervention for treatment of PAH e.g., atrial septostomy or transplant