Assessment of Combined Bowel Preparation for Capsule Endoscopy Study
Trial status: Open for Enrollment
Why is this study being done?
This is a single-blind, prospective randomized controlled study to determine if a combination of purgative agent, prokinetic agent, simethicone, and position will improve small bowel visualization, diagnostic yield, and completion rate of capsule endoscopy.
Who is eligible to participate?
1. Age > 18 years old
2. Gastrointestinal bleeding as indication for capsule endoscopy.
3. Ability to give informed consent
1. Subject has an allergy to polyethylene glycol or other adverse reaction to a previous bowel preparation with PEG3350 (MoviPrep®), metoclopramide, or simethicone;
2. Subjects has gastrointestinal motility disorder;
3. Subjects had stomach or small bowel resection;
5. Subjects has pheochromocytoma;
6. Subjects has uncontrolled hypertension;
7. Subjects has seizure disorders;
8. Subjects has concurrent MAO inhibitor use;
9. Subject has G6PD deficiency;
10. Subjects has swallowing disorder (including impaired gag reflex);
11. Subjects has hyponatremia with serum sodium less than 130 mm0l/L