Click to view the corresponding publications:
- Dale LC, Croghan IT, Hurt RD, Sandborn WJ. Case Report: Onset of ulcerative colitis after smoking cessation with a nicotine transdermal patch. J Smoking-Related Dis. 5(3):197-200 1994.
- Davila DG, Hurt RD, Offord KP, Harris CD, Shepard JW. Acute effects of transdermal nicotine on sleep architecture, snoring, and sleep-disordered breathing in nonsmokers. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 150:469-474, 1994.
- Davis LJ, Hurt RD, Offord KP, Lauger GG, Morse RM, Bruce BK. Self-administered nicotine-dependence scale (SANDS): item selection, reliability estimation, and initial validation. J Clin Psychol. 50(6):918-930, 1994.
- Hurt RD, Dale LC, Fredrickson PA, Caldwell CC, Lee GA, Offord KP, Lauger GG, Marusic Z, Neese LW, Lundberg TG. Nicotine patch therapy for smoking cessation combined with physician advice and nurse follow-up. One-year outcome and percentage of nicotine replacement. JAMA. 271(8):595-600, 1994.
- Hurt RD, Eberman KM, Croghan IT, Offord KP, Davis Jr. LJ, Morse RM, Palmen MA, Bruce BK. Nicotine dependence treatment during inpatient treatment for other addictions: A prospective intervention trial. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 18(4):867-872, 1994.
- Kottke TE, Mantak FJ, Solberg LI. Youth addiction to tobacco. Minn Med. 77:28-31, 1994.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI, Brekke ML, Conn SA, Maxwell P, Brekke MJ. Doctors helping smokers: Development of a clinic-based smoking intervention system. In: Shopland DR, Burns DM, Cohen SJ, Kottke TE, Gritz E (eds) Tobacco and the Clinician: Interventions for Medical and Dental Practice. Smoking and Tobacco Control Monograph No. 5. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, NIH Publication NO. 94-3693, Rockville, R.O.W. Sciences, Inc., Chap. 2, p. 69-91, 1994.
- Kottke TE, Willms DG, Solberg LI, Brekke ML. Physician-delivered smoking cessation advice: issues identified during ethnographic interviews. Tob Control. 3:46-49, 1994.
- McClain FL, Hurt RD. A biopsychosocial approach for chemical dependency treatment providers. Professional Counselor. Feb 1994: 23-29, 1994.
- Rohren CL, Croghan IT, Hurt RD, Offord KP, Marusic Z, McClain FL. Predicting smoking cessation outcome in a medical center from stage of readiness: contemplation versus action. Prev Med. 23:335-344, 1994.
- Wetter DW, Smith SS, Kenford SL, Jorenby DE, Fiore MC, Hurt RD, Offord KP, Baker TB. Smoking outcome expectancies: factor structure, predictive validity, and discriminant validity. J Abnorm Psychol. 103(4):801-811, 1994.
Back to Top
- Hurt RD, et al. Mayo Clinic Heart Book. Section on Smoking Cessation. MD McGoon, Editor. New York, NY, Morrow and Company, 1993.
- Hurt RD. Nicotine Dependence – treatment for the 1990’s. J Intern Med. (Editorial) 233:307-310, 1993.
- Hurt RD, Dale LC, Offord KP, Lauger GG, Baskin LB, Lawson GM, Jiang NS, Hauri PJ. Serum nicotine and cotinine levels during nicotine-patch therapy. Clin Pharm Ther. 54(1):98-106, 1993.
- Hurt RD, Eberman KM, Slade J, Karan L. Treating nicotine dependence in-patients with other addictive disorders. In: Orleans CT, Slade J (eds) Nicotine Addiction: Principles and Management. New York, NY, Oxford University Press, Chap. 15, p. 310-326, 1993.
- Knapp JM, Rosheim CL, Meister EA, Kottke, TE. Managing tobacco dependence in chemical dependency treatment facilities: A survey of current attitudes and policies. J Addict Dis. 12(4):89-104, 1993.
- Kottke TE. Smoking cessation therapy for the patient with heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. (Editorial) 22(4):1168-1169, 1993.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI. Smoking intervention during cardiac rehabilitation. In: Pashkow FJ, Dafoe WA (eds) Clinical Cardiac Rehabilitation: A Cardiologist’s Guide. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, Chap. 13, p. 243-247, 1993.
- Martinez PJ, Knapp J, Kottke TE. Beliefs and attitudes of pharmacists regarding tobacco sales and smoking cessation counseling. Tob Control. 2:306-310, 1993.
Back to Top
- Hurt RD, Dale LC, McClain FL, Eberman KM, Offord KP, Bruce BK, Lauger GG. A comprehensive model for the treatment of nicotine dependence in a medical setting. Medical Clinics of North America. 76(2):495-514, 1992.
- Hurt RD, Dale LC, Offord DP, Bruce BK, McClain FL, Eberman KM. Inpatient treatment of severe nicotine dependence. Mayo Clinic Proc. 67:823-828, 1992.
- Hurt RD, Lauger GG, Offord KP, Bruce BK, Dale LC, McClain FL, Eberman KM. An integrated approach to the treatment of nicotine dependence in a medical center setting: description of the initial experience. J Gen Intern Med. 7:114-116, 1992.
- Parkinson MD, Schauffler HH, Kottke TE, Curry SJ, Solberg LI, Arnold CB, Butz RH, Holloway JB, Meltzer C. Report of the tobacco policy research study group on reimbursement and insurance in the United States. Tob Control. 1(suppl):S52-S56, 1992.
- Kottke TE. Nurses helping smokers. Office Nurse. (Editorial) S5:12, 1992.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI, Brekke ML, Conn SS, Maxwell P, Brekke MJ. A controlled trial to integrate smoking cessation advice into primary care practice: Doctors helping smokers, Round III. J Fam Pract. 34(6):701-708, 1992.
- Niaura R, Clark MM, Raciti MA, Pera V, Abrams DB. Increased saliva cotinine concentrations in smokers during rapid weight loss. J Consult and Clin Psychol. 60(6):985-987, 1992.
- Offord KP, Hurt RD, Berge KG, Frusti DK, Schmidt L. Effects of the implementation of a smoke-free policy in a medical center. Chest. 102(5):1531-1536, 1992.
- Solberg LI, Kottke TE. Smoking cessation strategies. In: Fleming MF, Barry KL (eds) Addictive Disorders. St. Louis, Mosby-Year Book, Inc., Chap. 5, p. 95-112, 1992.
Back to Top
- Goldsmith RJ, Hurt RD, Slade J. Development of smoke-free chemical dependency units. J Addic Dis. 11(2): 67-77, 1991.
- Knapp JM, Kottke TE. The achievement of clean air health care. Is it appropriate? Is it feasible? Arch Intern Med. (Editorial) 151:32-35, 1991.
- Kottke TE. Eight quick tips to help your patients quit smoking. Contemp Intern Med. 3:57-59, 1991.
- Kottke TE. Smoking and wrinkles: does it matter? Ann Intern Med. (Editorial) 114:908-909, 1991.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI. Incorporating smoking interventions into medical practice: taking the next step. J Gen Intern Med. (Editorial) 6:94-95, 1991.
Back to Top
- Hurt RD. Discussant. Henningfield JR and Stitzer ML (eds). New Developments in Nicotine-Delivery Systems: Proceedings of a conference. John Hopkins University, September 24, 1990.
- Hurt RD. Toward smoke-free medical facilities. Chest. (Editorial) 97:1027-1028, May 1990.
- Hurt RD, Lauger GG, Offord KP, Kottke TE, Dale LC. Nicotine-replacement therapy with use of a transdermal nicotine patch: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Mayo Clin Proc. 65:1529-1537, 1990.
- Hurt RD, Slade J. Beyond Koop. Proceedings of the First National Conference on Nicotine Dependence by the Americana Society of Addiction Medicine. Professional Counselor. 5 parts, January-October 1990.
- Kottke TE, Battista RN, DeFriese GH, Brekke ML. Smoking cessation: attributes of successful interventions. In: Goldbloom RB, Lawrence RS (eds) Preventing Disease. Beyond the Rhetoric. New York, Springer-Verlag, Chap. 9, p. 71-83, 1990.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI, Brekke ML, Maxwell P. Smoking cessation intervention strategies for the clinician. Quality of Life and Cardiovascular Care. Fall 1990, 86-93.
- Kottke TE, Solberg LI, Conn S, Maxwell P, Thomasberg M, Brekke ML, Brekke MJ. A comparison of two methods to recruit physicians to deliver smoking cessation interventions. Arch Intern Med. 150:1477-1481, 1990.
- Venters MH, Kottke TE, Solberg LI, Brekke ML, Rooney B. Dependency, social factors, and the smoking cessation process: the doctors helping smokers study. Am J Prev Med 6:185-193, 1990.
Back to Top