Cystic Kidney and Liver Disease Biobank (CKLBB) From ADPKD Patients
The Cystic Kidney and Liver Disease Biobank (CKLBB) collects tissue samples from nephrectomy and partial liver resection patients as valuable reagents for understanding PKD pathogenesis.
Samples are mainly from Mayo Clinic patients, but collection beyond Mayo is also possible.
- The core is contacted about an upcoming surgery, and the patient is consented.
- Samples are collected at nephrectomy and partial liver resection.
- Samples collected include frozen tissue, cells for culturing and fixed material.
- Cyst fluid from ADPKD patients undergoing cyst drainage also is collected.
- PKD1 and PKD2 mutation screening is performed on the samples.
For more information about the services, contact the core.