Every five years, three projects within the Alzheimer's Disease Research Center at Mayo Clinic are selected for detailed investigation.
Here are the three special projects now under investigation within the center:
- Project 1: Improving Clinical Prediction of Dementia Pathology and Long-Term Outcomes Using Imaging
- Project 2: Validating HDAC6 as a Novel Therapeutic Target for Alzheimer's Tauopathy
- Investigators: Leonard Petrucelli, Ph.D., and Casey N. Cook, Ph.D.
- Project 3: ApoE Isoforms in Brain Vasculature and Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy (CAA)
- Investigators: Guojun Bu, Ph.D., Dennis W. Dickson, M.D., and Takahisa Kanekiyo, M.D., Ph.D.