Kelly C. Armstrong, M.D.
Senior research project
Functional outcomes in spinal cord injured patients with concurrent traumatic brain injury
- Armstrong KC, et al. Functional outcomes in spinal cord injured patients with concurrent traumatic brain injury. Presentation at: Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals; 2013.
- Conley KA, et al. Left ventricular assist device patient outcomes during acute inpatient rehabilitation. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists; April 2012.
- Armstrong KC, et al. An unlikely cause of acute paraplegia and lethargy following lumbar laminectomy: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2013.
- Sole JS, et al. Unusual presentation of functional popliteal artery entrapment syndrome in a collegiate runner: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2013.
- Conley KA, et al. Participation in sports following diagnosis of arachnoid cyst or neurosurgical treatment of hydrocephalus, arachnoid cyst, or Arnold-Chiari malformation. IRB-approved retrospective chart review/survey study. Manuscript in process.
- Armstrong KC, et al. Care for the re-hospitalized patient with chronic SCI. Planned submission to Hospital Clinics of America. In process.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I chose Mayo PM&R because I felt comfortable and welcomed the minute I stepped through the door. The residents I met while interviewing seemed very happy and had no qualms about promoting the program. I found a good mix of my interests in the clinical areas available and found the staff to be very accessible.
Now that I'm in my last year as a Mayo resident, I've found that all of my perceptions as an interviewee were true. I've enjoyed cultivating a solid research base in inpatient spinal cord injury medicine and had solid support throughout all of my clinical endeavors and research. This is truly a great place to train.
Personal interests and hobbies
- Cooking and baking
- Wine tasting
- Running and fitness