Senior research projects
Factors predictive of survival after traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury
Variable impact on survival by different etiologies of spinal cord injury: Estimated years-of-life analysis of various etiologies of non-traumatic and traumatic spinal cord injury
- Factors that predict survival in spinal cord injury: Comparison of traumatic and non-traumatic causes. Presented at: International Spinal Cord Society and American Spinal Injury Association Joint Scientific Meeting; May 2015; Montreal, Canada.
- Spontaneous bilateral anterior interosseus nerve palsies after hospitalization: A case report. Poster presented at: Annual Assembly for the Association of Academic Physiatrists; 2014.
- Indolently progressive lower extremity dysesthesias and foot drop from thoracic intramedullary enterogenous cyst. Poster presented at: Annual Assembly for the American Spinal Injury Association; 2014.
- Acute paraplegia secondary to chloroma in a patient with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML): A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2014.
- Crohn's, groans and bones: Thoracic pain in a 70-year-old male: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2014.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I was looking for a program that provided excellent training in a wide variety of subspecialties within PM&R. I was impressed with the caliber of the consultants, including in research, and noticed in many of my interviews with other programs that many of the staff members who were noted to be exceptional were Mayo trained. I also felt that all of the staff was friendly and committed to teaching.
I've found Rochester to be a very nice place to raise a family, being a smaller town that still has a feel of a larger city. I'd definitely choose Mayo Clinic again.
Personal interests and hobbies
- Music and singing
- Spending time with my wife and two kids
- Church activities
- Snow skiing
- Auto, electronics and watch repair
Jan. 11, 2016