Bradley F. Thompson, M.D.
Senior research project
The accuracy of ultrasound-guided S1 transformational joint injections in cadavers
- The use of electrophysiologic testing for the diagnosis of plasmacytoma-induced polyneuropathy: A case report. Poster presented at: American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrophysiology Medicine Annual Meeting; Oct. 2013; San Antonio, Texas.
- Electromyographic pearl in post-polio syndrome: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Assembly; Oct. 2013; National Harbor, Md.
- An atypical response to an intrathecal baclofen test dose limits the therapeutic options for the management of a patient with spasticity-related pain: A case report. Poster presented at: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Annual Meeting; May 2013; Boston, Mass.
- Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome secondary to high altitude and vasoactive medication. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting; March 2013; New Orleans, La.
- Spasticity refractory to high dose intrathecal baclofen in the setting of transected spinal cord with reactive subarachnoid obstruction: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Assembly; Nov. 2012; Atlanta, Ga.
- Acute, hyperventilation associated with diaphragmatic pacing. Poster presented at: International Spinal Cord Society Annual Scientific Meeting; Sept. 2012; London, England.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I chose the PM&R residency at Mayo Clinic for its strong training in electromyography, musculoskeletal ultrasound and interventional spine. I also appreciate Mayo's collegial environment, with excellent interdisciplinary communication and respect.
Personal interests and hobbies