Augustus (Peter) P. Evangelista, M.D.
Senior research projects
Assessment of quality of life in advanced cancer patients: Providing a tailored, multidisciplinary rehabilitation intervention to maintain quality of life in advanced cancer patients.
Accuracy of ultrasound-guided intra-articular knee injections in a difficult-to-inject population
- Chan WW, et al. Conformational control inhibition of the BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase, including the gatekeeper T315I mutant, by the switch-control inhibitor DCC-2036. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:556.
- Cervical radiculopathy secondary to metastatic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2014.
- Hemorrhagic stroke secondary to ruptured AVM in setting of Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physiatrists; 2014.
- Acute hyperkalemia secondary to pentamidine for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) prophylaxis in the setting of chronic steroid therapy: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physiatrists; 2014.
- Tacrolimus toxicity in the acute rehabilitation setting: A case report. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists; 2013.
- Reversal of paraplegia due to acute anterior spinal cord syndrome after lumbar CSF drainage: A case report. Poster presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists; 2013.
- Hallucinations following subarachnoid hemorrhage found to be bilateral Terson's syndrome: A case report. Poster presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2013.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I chose Mayo PM&R because Mayo Clinic is a renowned, world-class health care organization that puts the needs of its patients first. Mayo PM&R is dedicated to helping patients regain their maximal function and improve their quality of life.
I was highly attracted to the program's vast offering of educational resources, including in-depth training courses in anatomy, physical diagnosis, injection principles and practices, and diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
Furthermore, the amenities of the residency program, including the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center, have helped me continue living an active and healthy lifestyle during residency.
Personal interests and hobbies
- Sports: Lacrosse, swimming, tennis and golf
- Traveling: Philippines, Thailand, Norway, Nicaragua and Australia
- Races: Ragnar Arizona 2013 and Tough Mudder Minneapolis 2013