Augustus (Peter) P. Evangelista, M.D.
Senior research projects
Assessment of quality of life in advanced cancer patients: Providing a tailored, multidisciplinary rehabilitation intervention to maintain quality of life in advanced cancer patients.
Accuracy of ultrasound-guided intra-articular knee injections in a difficult-to-inject population
- Chan WW, et al. Conformational control inhibition of the BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase, including the gatekeeper T315I mutant, by the switch-control inhibitor DCC-2036. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:556.
- Evangelista AP, et al. Tacrolimus toxicity in the acute rehabilitation setting: A case report. Presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists Conference; March 2013; New Orleans, La.
- Evangelista AP, et al. Reversal of paraplegia due to acute anterior spinal cord syndrome after lumbar CSF drainage: A case report. Presented at: Association of Academic Physiatrists Conference; March 2013; New Orleans, La.
- Evangelista AP, et al. Hallucinations following subarachnoid hemorrhage found to be bilateral Terson's syndrome: A case report. Presented at: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation National Conference; October 2013; National Harbor, Md.
Why physical medicine and rehabilitation at Mayo Clinic?
I chose Mayo PM&R because Mayo Clinic is a renowned, world-class health care organization that puts the needs of its patients first. Mayo PM&R is dedicated to helping patients regain their maximal function and improve their quality of life.
I was highly attracted to the program's vast offering of educational resources, including in-depth training courses in anatomy, physical diagnosis, injection principles and practices, and diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
Furthermore, the amenities of the residency program, including the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center, have helped me continue living an active and healthy lifestyle during residency.
Personal interests and hobbies
- Sports: Lacrosse, swimming, tennis and golf
- Traveling: Philippines, Thailand, Norway, Nicaragua and Australia
- Races: Ragnar Arizona 2013 and Tough Mudder Minneapolis 2013