Learning Through Simulation
Simulation-based medical education provides a controlled environment that imitates a real-life patient care setting. In a simulated situation, learners master skills without putting patients at risk. Simulation offers many advantages, including:
- Realistic problem-based instruction
- Consistent, reproducible scenarios for standardized training
- Error-forgiving clinical experience that enhances patient safety
- Supervised instruction in life-threatening events management
- Scenarios tailored to each learner's educational level
- Experience with uncommon scenarios
- Practice with crisis resource management procedures
The Mayo simulation center staff periodically analyzes its scenario outcomes to make the learning environment more effective and expansive.
We encourage external customers and industry partners to collaborate with us to make our services available to those outside of our clinic.