Candidates are selected each year for the Social Work Graduate Residency on a competitive basis. Residents may begin their training programs in January, June or September.
How to apply
There are two steps to apply to the residency. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received six to eight weeks before the date you wish to begin your residency.
- Online application. Complete the online Lite Application. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Lite Application.
- Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Official transcripts of all college and university credits
- A letter from the faculty member of your school of social work that is responsible for field placements indicating the school's approval and support of this placement for you
Send the required materials listed above in one envelope to:
Medical Social Services
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment may be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. An interview can be arranged only when you have completed steps one and two and your application file is complete.
- Acceptance. When appointment letters are mailed, your reply is requested within one week. Your appointment to the program depends upon successful completion of the health review and background check.