One to two candidates are selected each year for the Medical Social Services Graduate Internship on competitive basis. Interns start their training program in August, or the beginning of the academic year at the affiliate university or college.
How to apply
There are two steps to apply to the internship. Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by May 15 for the Fall Semester.
To apply to the program, please submit the following materials:
- An official transcript of all college and/or university credits.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Letters may also be submitted as part of the online application.
- Letters completed off-line must be received in a signed sealed envelope.
- A representative sample of your written work.
- A statement of your professional goals (one page maximum).
Please send the required materials listed above in one envelope to:
Judy Cimochowski, Education Coordinator
13400 E Shea Blvd
Scottsdale AZ 85259
- Complete the: Mayo School of Health Sciences' online application form.
Applicants considered for an appointment may be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Arizona for a personal interview with the program coordinator and practicum instructor. An interview can be arranged only when you have completed Steps 1 and 2 and your application file is complete.
When appointment letters are mailed, your reply is requested within one week. Your appointment to the program depends upon successful completion of the health review and background check.