The Mayo School of Health Sciences Recreational Therapy Internship prepares individuals for professional practice in hospitals, clinics and private practice. Through your patient care responsibilities and clinical experiences, the Recreational Therapy Internship will enable you to:
- Understand the principles and methods of laboratory testing in the treatment of patients with physical disabilities
- Establish and maintain rapport with patients with diverse needs and background
- Function as a dynamic member of the patient care team
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Manage and organize time
- Utilize available resources within the Mayo Clinic medical complex and the surrounding community
- Practice as an entry-level therapist
Grading or Evaluation
Mayo School of Health Sciences uses student evaluative tools that include:
- Demonstration of skills
- Self-assessment exercises
Our system of evaluation provides students and faculty with a comprehensive look at individual performance. This allows faculty and administrative staff to direct students who are experiencing academic difficulty to the appropriate support resources, including tutoring programs and counseling opportunities.
Mayo School of Health Sciences is committed to developing and maintaining the very best education programs. Changes may be made to the curriculum and other aspects of this program as necessary to assure the highest-quality training.