One intern is selected on a competitive, biannual basis to the Vascular Interventional Radiologic Technology Internship. Instruction begins in early August/February.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted from May 1-June 30 and again from August 1-December 1.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by June 30 2010 for summer term or December 1, 2010 for spring term.
Step 1: To apply to the program, please submit:
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions, including college credits and grades from your most recent quarter/semester.
Transcripts may be sent directly to MSHS from the school and must include an embossed seal. If, however, they are sent to you first, include the transcripts with your application in their original, unopened envelopes.
- Submit three completed reference forms, one from each of the categories listed below. The preferred method of submission is electronic through the online application. If your reference does not have access to a computer it may be submitted on paper. In this case, print three copies of the reference form and give it to the individuals from whom you have requested references along with an envelope. Address the envelopes to yourself. They will return the reference form to you in the sealed envelope. Send these UNOPENED envelopes, along with any other application materials to the radiography program. Keep in mind the following as you choose your references:
- Work Reference: Choose a person familiar with your professional qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include employers, teachers, or supervisors.
- Educational Reference: Choose a person familiar with your educational qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include former or present teachers or professors.
- Personal Reference: Choose a person familiar with your personal qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include former or present teachers, employers, club and society leaders, or members of the clergy.
Please send the required materials that are NOT completed online, plus any transcripts not sent directly to MSHS, in one envelope to:
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Radiology Department - Davis 2
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Step 2: Complete the online Application for Admission
After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission. (Disregard the standardized testing and licensing and registration sections.)
A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Step 3: Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Step 4: Appointment letters are mailed in early July and January. If you receive an appointment letter your reply is expected within two weeks. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the physical examination and background check.