Two interns are selected on a competitive basis each year for the Vascular Interventional Radiologic Technology Internship. Instruction begins in October.
- Spring term: Nov. 1-Jan. 31
- Fall term: June 1-Sept. 31
How to apply
- To apply to the program, please submit:
Official transcripts demonstrating all college credits earned, including credits and grades from your most recent quarter or semester. High school transcripts are not required.
Transcripts may be sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences from the school and must include an embossed seal. If they are sent to you first, include the transcripts with your application in their original, unopened envelopes.
Three completed reference forms, one from each of the categories listed below. These are submitted electronically through the online application.
Keep in mind the following as you choose your references:
- Work reference. Choose a person familiar with your professional qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include employers, teachers or supervisors.
- Educational reference. Choose a person familiar with your educational qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include former or present teachers or professors.
- Personal reference. Choose a person familiar with your personal qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include former or present teachers, employers, club and society leaders, or members of the clergy.
Send the required materials that are not completed online, plus any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
- Adam S. Rubin, R.T.(R)(VI)
- Department of Radiology, Mayo Building 2S
- Mayo School of Health Sciences
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, please select Application for Admission. (Disregard the standardized testing and licensing and registration sections.)
A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Florida for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews can be conducted via webcam depending on your state of permanent residence or personal choice. Interviews are held in August each year.
- Appointment letters are mailed in late August to early September. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within two weeks. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the physical examination and background check.