Up to 10 students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Radiography Program. Classes begin in late August and coincide with the start of the fall semester at Florida State College at Jacksonville.
How to apply
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission. You do not need to complete the standardized testing and licensing and registration sections.
A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
Official transcripts. Submit official transcripts from all educational institutions, including high school and all college and university credits and grades from your most recent quarter or semester.
Transcripts may be sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences from the school and must include an embossed seal. But if they are sent to you first, send them to the Radiography Program in their original, unopened envelopes.
Reference forms. Submit three completed reference forms, one from each of the categories listed below. The preferred method of submission is electronically through the online application.
If your references do not have access to a computer, the reference forms may be submitted on paper. In this case, print three copies of the reference form and give a copy to the individuals from whom you have requested references along with an envelope. Address the envelopes to yourself. Ask your references to seal the reference form in the envelope and return it to you. Send these unopened envelopes, along with any other application materials, to the Radiography Program.
Submit one reference from each:
- Work reference. Choose a person familiar with your professional qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include employers, teachers or supervisors.
- Educational reference. Choose a person familiar with your educational qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include current or former teachers or professors.
- Personal reference. Choose a person familiar with your personal qualifications and your potential for success in the field of radiography. References may include current or former teachers, employers, club and society leaders, or members of the clergy.
Send the required materials that are not completed online, plus any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
Mayo School of Health Sciences
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed in late June. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within two weeks. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of a physical examination and background check.
- Apply to Florida State College at Jacksonville. You must also apply for admission to Florida State College at Jacksonville if you are accepted into the Radiography Program.