Five to eight candidates are selected each year for the Radiation Therapy Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on a competitive basis. Classes begin in early September.
How to apply
Applications may be submitted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1. The online application will only be available to view, complete and submit during this open application window.
Your application and all supporting documentation, including recommendations, must be received by Feb. 1 of the year you wish to begin classes.
- Checklist. Complete the Radiation Therapy Applicant Checklist and follow its directions.
- Online application. Electronically apply through the ApplyYourself website. After creating an account or logging in, select Application for Admission and complete each section. Within the application system, upload an application essay. A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Supporting materials. These supporting materials are required:
Official transcripts. Submit an official transcript from each high school, college and university that you have attended. Official transcripts should be mailed directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences from each educational institution.
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Radiation Therapy Program
Siebens Building, Third Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Recommendations. Three recommendations using the online forms. Recommendations are required from your radiography program director, radiography clinical instructor or radiology supervisor if you are an R.T.(R), and a work or personal (nonrelative) reference.
- Checklist. Submit the Radiation Therapy Applicant Checklist to Mayo School of Health Sciences (see address above).
- Application essay. Upload the essay and address the questions found on page two of the online application.
- Interviews. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for a personal interview (at your own expense) with the admissions committee. Only the top-ranked applicants are invited for an interview.
- Acceptance. Letters will be mailed approximately April 1. Your reply is requested within 10 days of receiving the appointment letter.