Up to two candidates are accepted each year for the Physical Therapy Orthopaedic Residency at Mayo School of Health Sciences in Rochester, Minn., on a competitive basis. The program begins in August.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received before Feb. 20, 2014.
- Online application. Complete the application process online at the Residency/Fellowship Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service website.
Application review. The Physical Therapy Orthopaedic Residency selection committee carefully reviews each application. Applicants are evaluated by the committee based on these criteria:
- Academic education and degrees obtained
- Clinical education and mentoring experiences
- Clinical experience specific to orthopaedic physical therapy
- Research experience
- Community service
- Letters of reference
Candidates with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and an interest in lifelong learning are preferred.
- Interviews. Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Rochester, Minn., for an in-person interview in late March.
- Acceptance. Candidates will receive appointment notification by mid-April.