Up to two candidates are accepted each year for the Physical Therapy Residency in Orthopedics at Mayo School of Health Sciences in Minnesota on a competitive basis. The program begins in August.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received before March 1.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, please select Application for Admission.
- Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Personal essay (300-500 words) — answer the question, "How has your preparation set you up for success in an orthopedic physical therapy residency?"
Please send the required materials that are not completed online, as well as any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
Application review. The Physical Therapy Residency in Orthopedics selection committee carefully reviews each application. Applicants are evaluated by the committee based on these criteria:
- Heidi J. Dunfee, P.T., DScPT
- Program Director
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, 11th Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Academic education and degrees obtained
- Clinical education and mentoring experiences
- Clinical experience specific to orthopedic physical therapy
- Research experience
- Community service
- Letters of reference
Candidates with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and an interest in lifelong learning are preferred.
Interviews. Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Rochester, Minn., for an in-person interview.
Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed approximately April 15. Your reply is expected within 14 days.