One candidate is accepted each year for the Physical Therapy Geriatric Residency at Mayo Clinic in Arizona on a competitive basis. The program begins in July.
How to apply
The application cycle will open on Nov. 1, 2014, and all documentation must be received by Dec. 31, 2014.
- Online application. Complete the online application via the Residency/Fellowship Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service website.
- Supporting documentation. Supplemental application materials include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are choosing to apply to Mayo Clinic in Arizona.
- One essay using these questions:
- What strengths or areas of expertise do you possess that you feel would contribute to the growth in clinical skills of other staff members and student interns for professional development within the clinic environment?
- Describe evidence of participation in research from your academic or clinical experience thus far.
- Describe prior or current community service activities that have enhanced your professional development.
A sample of recent academic writing from a class or clinical presentation. Examples include a case study, poster presentation, terminal project, class assignment or journal club presentation. The document should reflect your ability to articulate technical information in a professional format with an appropriately cited reference list.
Send the required supplemental application materials that are not completed online to:
Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment may be invited to Mayo Clinic in Arizona for an in-person interview or interviewed by telephone. In some cases, other arrangements may be made.
Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed in early March. Your reply is expected within 10 business days.
- Judith (Judy) A. Cimochowski
- Education Coordinator
- Mayo School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Email: email@example.com