Up to 28 candidates are accepted each year on a competitive basis for the Physical Therapy Doctoral Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
Applicants are initially screened on the basis of their GPA, GRE score, character, observational or actual work experience in physical therapy (minimum of 100 hours), and letters of recommendation.
The program uses a "rolling admissions" process in which applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
It is to your benefit to apply as soon as possible beginning July 1. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing applications in August.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be submitted online before Oct. 15 for classes beginning the following August. Online applications are available via the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) starting July 1 of the preceding year.
To apply to the program:
Online application. Complete the application via PTCAS. A complete application includes these materials:
- Official transcripts from post-high school institutions
- Official GRE scores (use Mayo School of Health Sciences PTCAS GRE code #3721)
- Three letters of recommendation:
- Work- or volunteer-related
- Physical therapy-related
- Interviews. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the Admissions Committee. All costs associated with this interview are your responsibility.