For the hospital/inpatient practice setting, up to eight candidates are selected each year on a competitive basis.
For the clinic/outpatient practice setting, up to five candidates are selected each year on a competitive basis.
The program usually begins in mid- to late May.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic uses the ApplyYourself application system for all pharmacy internship applications.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Jan. 15 of the year you wish to begin the internship.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. The application cycle for the upcoming summer opens Nov. 1. If you have used the ApplyYourself online program in the past, you must create a new login and password.
After you create a login and sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission, noting the following:
- Above Mayo Campus, select Rochester.
- Above Program Type, select Pharmacy Internship.
- Above Program Name, select Internship.
- Do not include information about your high school.
- Include information about your pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs.
- Upload your curriculum vitae (CV) in the Employment Information section.
- Select "save" before uploading the document so that you do not lose previously added information.
- Click the "upload document" button to upload your CV. If the upload is successful, you will see a "view document" and "delete" button appear.
- In the Essay section, upload a letter of intent, which should discuss your reason(s) for pursuing an internship at Mayo Clinic and your five-year professional career plan. Click the "upload document" button at the bottom of the page. If the upload is successful, a "view document" and "delete" button will appear.
- Your statement should be at least 400 words but no more than 1,000 words.
- You must specify if you would like to be considered for the hospital/inpatient, clinic/outpatient or either program. Failure to specify which program(s) you are applying to will result in withdrawal of your application for consideration.
- Do not complete the Standardized Testing section.
- Under Recommendations, enter the information needed to provide three letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation should come from a pharmacy faculty member. The second letter may be from another faculty member or a supervisor at your place of employment. The third letter of recommendation may be from a co-worker, another faculty member or another individual of your choosing. Use of the online ApplyYourself program for letters of recommendation is required.
Supporting documentation. Submit a copy of your official transcript from your pharmacy program, mailed directly by your college, to:
- Pharmacy Internship
- Attn: Lisa K. Buss Preszler, Pharm.D., R.Ph.
Mayo School of Health Sciences
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Incomplete applications and applications that do not follow above specifications will result in withdrawal of consideration.
- Interviews. Final candidates will be contacted by email to schedule a telephone interview.
- Acceptance. Appointments are made by March 15. Your reply is expected within one week.