Two candidates are accepted on a competitive basis every six months for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Emergency Medicine Fellowship. The program begins in September and March annually.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received before April 1 (for the September start) and Oct. 1 (for the March start).
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Three letters of recommendation — these should come from a supervisor, co-worker, professor or faculty, or preceptor
- Personal essay (one-page maximum) — describe your work experience and why an emergency medicine fellowship would be an asset to you, and also indicate whether you are applying as an NP or PA
Send the required materials that are not completed online, as well as any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
- NP or PA Emergency Medicine Fellowship Director
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Third Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment will be initially interviewed by phone. Based on the phone interview, the candidate may be invited to Rochester, Minn., for an in-person interview.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed no later than June 15 for a September start and Dec. 15 for a March start. Your reply is expected within seven days.