Each year, the class size of the Nurse Practitioner Clinical Residency is determined by the number of available preceptors at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Start dates depend on the student's university.
Submit your application and all supporting documentation between Jan. 1 and March 1 of the year you wish to begin clinical rotations, which start in August of each year.
How to apply
- Discuss with adviser. Discuss participation in the residency with your nursing program adviser.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, select Application for Admission. Upload your goal statement into the online application. Please include why you want to do clinicals at Mayo. The suggested essay questions do not need to be answered.
Supporting documentation. Submit these required documents:
- Official transcript of master's and bachelor's credits
- Three letters of professional (nurse manager preferred) and academic recommendation (if not submitted electronically)
Send the materials listed above to:
Nurse Practitioner Clinical Residency
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited for a personal interview.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed at the end of May. Your reply is requested within two weeks.