Each year, Mayo School of Health Sciences accepts up to 30 students in its Masters of Nurse Anesthesia Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on a competitive basis.
Classes begin on the Monday following Labor Day each September. The traditional program is completed 30 months later, in mid-March.
How to apply
The electronic application opens on or around August 1.
Your electronic application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and postmarked no later than October 1 Send via trackable shipping (e.g, FedEx, UPS, etc.) for admission to the classes beginning in September of the following year.
Please follow these steps:
- Application Checklist & Supplemental Forms
- Completed online Application for Admission. After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission.
- Personal statement (600 or fewer words).
- Official transcripts of all college and/or university credits (sealed in the school's envelope).
- Three complete references (in unopened signed envelopes) including:
- An academic reference.
- A work-related reference from a physician who knows your capabilities (not a resident or fellow).
- A current nurse-manager reference.
- Apply Yourself electronic references are not acceptable; hardcopy narrative references are required.
- Copies of all current nursing licenses and verification of status in all states in which you are licensed. Can be obtained from each state's Board of Nursing website.
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate.
- Additional supporting information, such as advanced nursing specialty certification, awards, publications and honors.
- A nonrefundable application fee with credit card through the Apply Yourself website.
- A copy of your GRE scores (the official copy should be sent directly to the program office). Mayo's GRE code: 5784.
Please send the required materials listed above in one envelope via trackable shipping (e.g., FedEx,UPS etc.) to:
Master of Nurse Anesthesia Program
200 First Street SW
Siebens Building, 10-12
Rochester, MN 55905
- Applicants selected as preliminary candidates will be notified early in November. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal behavioral interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are held on specific days during November and December. Final candidates for the program are selected after all interviews are completed.
- Appointments are made by Mayo School of Health Sciences. Appointment letters are mailed by mid-December. Your reply is required by the end of December. Payment of the $300 slot retention (non-refundable) fee is required upon acceptance into the program.