Each year, Mayo School of Health Sciences accepts up to 30 students into its Master of Nurse Anesthesia Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on a competitive basis.
Classes begin on the Monday following Labor Day each September. The traditional program is completed 30 months later, in mid-March.
How to apply
The electronic application opens on or around July 15.
Your electronic application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and postmarked no later than Oct. 1 (Sept. 15 is preferred). Send via trackable shipping, such as through FedEx or UPS, for admission to the classes beginning in September of the following year.
- Online application and supporting materials. Complete and compile the following:
- Application checklist and supplemental forms
- Online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, please select Application for Admission. Do not select Lite Application.
- Personal statement (600 words or fewer).
- Official transcripts of all college and university credits (sealed in the school's envelope).
- Three hard-copy narrative references (ApplyYourself electronic references are not acceptable). These should be submitted in unopened signed envelopes and include:
- An academic reference
- A work-related reference from a physician who knows your capabilities (not a resident or fellow)
- A current nurse manager reference
- Copies of all current nursing licenses and verification of status in all states in which you are licensed. These can be obtained from each state's board of nursing website.
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate.
- Additional supporting information, such as advanced nursing specialty certification, awards, publications and honors.
- A nonrefundable application fee, which is paid via credit card through the ApplyYourself website.
- A copy of your GRE scores (the official copy should be sent directly to the program office). Mayo's GRE code is 5784.
Please send the required materials listed above in one envelope via trackable shipping, such as through FedEx or UPS, to:
Master of Nurse Anesthesia Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Room 10-12
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants selected as preliminary candidates will be notified early in November. If you are considered for an appointment, you will be asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal behavioral interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are held on specific days during November and December.
- Acceptance. Appointments are made by Mayo School of Health Sciences. Appointment letters are mailed by mid-December. Your reply is required by the end of December. Payment of the $250 nonrefundable slot-retention fee is required upon acceptance into the program.