Each year, Mayo School of Health Sciences accepts up to 26 students in its Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on a competitive basis.
Classes begin in mid-July. The traditional program is completed 42 months later in mid-January.
How to apply
The electronic application opens on or around July 15.
Your electronic application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and postmarked no later than Sept. 1. Send via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) for admission to the classes beginning in July of the following year.
Please follow these steps:
Application materials. Submit these materials:
- Application Checklist and Supplemental Information.
- Completed online Application for Admission. After you create an account and log in, please select Application for Admission.
- Personal statement (600 or fewer words).
- Official transcripts of all college or university credits (sealed in the school's envelope).
- Three complete references (in unopened signed envelopes), including:
- An academic reference
- A work-related reference from a physician who knows your ICU capabilities (not a resident or fellow)
- A reference from your current nurse manager
- ApplyYourself electronic references are not acceptable; hard copy narrative references are required.
- Copies of all current nursing licenses and verification of status in all states in which you are licensed. Can be obtained from each state's Board of Nursing website.
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate.
- Additional supporting information, such as advanced nursing specialty certification, awards, publications and honors.
- Essay responses (questions are posted annually).
- A nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card through the ApplyYourself website.
- A copy of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (the official copy should be sent directly to the program office). Mayo's GRE code: 5784.
Send the required materials listed above in one envelope via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) to:
Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Room 10-12
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants selected as preliminary candidates are notified in early October. If you are considered for an appointment, you are asked to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester (at your own expense) for a personal behavioral interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are held on specific days in early November. Final candidates for the program are selected after all interviews are completed.
- Acceptance. Appointments are made by Mayo School of Health Sciences. Appointment letters are mailed by early December. Your reply is required by mid-December. Payment of the $250 nonrefundable slot-retention fee is required upon acceptance into the program.