Each year, Mayo School of Health Sciences accepts a selected number of students in its Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) Postgraduate Degree Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, on a competitive basis.
Classes begin in mid-July. Graduation occurs in mid-January.
How to apply
The electronic application opens on or around July 15 the year prior to enrollment.
Your electronic application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and postmarked no later than Sept. 1. Send via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) for admission to the classes beginning in July of the following year.
Please follow these steps:
- Application materials. Submit these materials:
- Application Checklist and Supplemental Information
- Completed online Application for Admission; after you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission
- Personal statement (600 words or fewer)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary academic institutions that are not on file
- Reference letters in unopened envelopes (must have a signature across the sealed envelope flap) from:
- An educator in your respective nurse anesthesia program (required of non-Mayo program graduates)
- A certified registered nurse anesthetist supervisor
- An anesthesiologist
- A nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card through the ApplyYourself website
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (the official copy should be sent directly to the program office); Mayo's GRE code is 5784
- Responses to essay questions (posted annually)
Send the required materials listed above in one envelope via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) to:
- Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program
- Siebens 10-12
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. If you are considered for an appointment, you are asked to visit Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester (at your own expense) for a personal behavioral interview with the program director and selected faculty. Final candidates for the program are selected after all interviews are completed.
- Acceptance. Appointments are made by Mayo School of Health Sciences.