Up to 12 candidates are accepted on a competitive basis each fall and spring for Massage Therapy Training at Mayo School of Health Sciences in Minnesota. The course begins in February and September each year.
Other spring offerings include:
- Blackboard (online environment): February 11 – March 3, 2013
- In-person 40-hour component: March 4 – 8, 2013
- Internship (25 hour component): March 11 – completion
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation for fall admission must be received before December 15, 2012.
- Online application. Complete the online Lite Application. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, please select Lite Application.
Supporting documentation. Submit the following materials:
- Transcripts from your completed 500-hour-minimum massage therapy program
- A personal essay (no more than 500 words) that shares how you see yourself applying the content covered in this course and your vision for working as part of a health care team
Please send the required materials that are not completed online, as well as any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
- Barbara (Barb) S. Thomley
- Course Director
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, 5th Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment are interviewed by phone.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed on or around December 31, 2012. Your reply is expected within five days.