Next course: Fall 2016
The next course will take place in fall 2016:
- Application deadline: July 15, 2016
- Online modules: Sept. 12-30, 2016
- On-site classroom: Oct. 3-7, 2016
- Internship: Dependent on participant and preceptor schedules
Up to 12 candidates are accepted on a competitive basis for the Hospital-Based Massage Therapy Course. The course is offered twice a year — spring and fall.
The course includes three modules:
- Module 1: Blackboard (online environment)
- Module 2: In-person (40-hour component)
- Module 3: In-person internship (25-hour component)
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation for spring admission must be received before Jan. 2. Your application and all supporting documentation for fall admission must be received before July 15.
- Online application. Complete the online Lite Application. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, please select Lite Application.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Transcripts from your completed 500-hour-minimum massage therapy program
- A personal essay (no more than 500 words) that shares how you see yourself applying the content covered in this course and your vision for working as part of a health care team
Please send the required materials that are not completed online, as well as any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
- Deb L. Blomberg
- Hospital-Based Massage Therapy Course
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Selection and acceptance. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Appointment notifications are sent to the email address you supply on your application materials. Your reply is expected within five days.