On average, eight students will be accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Histology Technician Program. Classes begin in late August.
How to Apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by March 1 of the year you wish to begin classes.
Step 1: Complete the online Application for Admission.
- After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission. A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Step 2: As part of this application, you will be required to submit the following documents to Mayo School of Health Sciences:
- An official transcript of all college and/or university credits. Transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the school.
- A goal statement based on the questions listed on the application form.
- Three current letters of recommendation (suggested sources include work-related, education-related and personal)
- Letters can be submitted as part of the online application.
- Letters completed off-line must be received in a signed, sealed envelope.
Please send any of the required materials listed above, not submitted online, to:
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens 5 - Histology Technician
200 First Street S.W.
Rochester, MN 55905
Step 3: Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Step 4: Appointment letters are mailed in April. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.