Up to 10 candidates are accepted each year for the Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program at Mayo School of Health Sciences in Rochester, Minnesota, on a competitive basis. The program begins in August.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences between Nov. 1 and April 1 of the year you wish to begin classes in August.
How to apply
Please read carefully these instructions before you begin the online application.
Online application. After reviewing the instructions, proceed to the Application for Admission to submit your application. A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Complete sections 1-7.
- For section 7, submit a one- to two-page (double-spaced) essay using Microsoft Word based on the questions listed on the application form. Upload your document into the application for electronic submission.
- Click the Recommendations link. Read the instructions carefully to learn how your recommendation providers complete the process electronically via email. Recommendations submitted through any method other than on the electronic forms provided are not accepted.
Provide the names and email addresses for three people as follows:
- Work-related, such as a supervisor (EMS supervisor preferred)
- Education-related, such as a teacher, counselor or adviser
- Personal, such as a friend or pastor
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- A copy of your current EMT-Basic or Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) card
- A copy of your current Basic Life Support provider card
- An official transcript from each high school, college or university you attended
Please send the required materials that are not completed online and any transcripts to:
Daniel J. Anger, CCEMT-P, FP-C
Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program
Gold Cross Ambulance
501 6th Ave. NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Interview. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Acceptance. Acceptance letters are mailed in late April. If you receive an acceptance letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.
Apply to Rochester Community and Technical College. Once you are accepted into the Emergency Medicine Paramedic Program, you must also apply for admission to Rochester Community and Technical College (for associate degree track only).
College readiness and placement: Students must have academic skills that allow them to enroll in BIOL 1217, CHEM 1117 and ENGL 1117 at Rochester Community and Technical College. Evidence of your academic readiness for these college-level courses can be demonstrated by adequate ACT scores or by completing the Accuplacer assessment at Rochester Community and Technical College. We recommend that students submit both ACT scores and Accuplacer results with their application.