Approximately 11 students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Echocardiography Program. Classes begin in August.
How to apply
Your application AND all supporting documentation must be submitted between November 1 and February 20 for classes beginning the following August. Please have this page available as you complete the on-line application as these directions are specific to the Echocardiography Program.
Rochester, Minnesota students pursuing the Bachelors of Science in Health Professions (BSHP) degree option should complete the University of Minnesota Rochester application for admission. BSHP students will be jointly admitted to UMR and MSHS and do not need to make separate application for admission to MSHS.
Students pursuing the certificate option should refer to the MSHS application instructions below.
- Complete the online Application for Admission.
- After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission and complete each section.
- Within the application system, upload an application essay. The essay should be 300-500 words, double spaced. Please keep in mind that your essay should describe why you are choosing the MSHS Echocardiography program and a career in Echocardiography. (Note: Please specify in your application essay whether you are applying for the Minnesota campus, Arizona campus or both.)
- A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Submit the following materials:
- Official transcripts of all high school, college and/or university credits (Transcripts must include the embossed school seal and should be sent in the original, unopened envelopes.)
For Minnesota AND Arizona applications, please send the required materials that are NOT completed online, in one envelope to:
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Gonda 6-138 Echocardiography Program
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic Rochester or Mayo Clinic Arizona for a personal interview with the Admissions Committee. Only the top-ranked applicants are invited for an interview. Interview expenses incurred by applicant are not reimbursed. Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to submit contact information for two references: one professional (work/volunteer) and one personal (teacher, mentor, instructor, clergy, but not a family member.)
- Admission letters are mailed by the end of April. Your reply is requested within two weeks.