Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees
For 2013-2014, program tuition is $255 per credit. There are 33 credits in the program. The estimated tuition and fees for the full program is $8,415.
Other mandatory expenses
- $30 — lab jacket
- $50 — dues for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership
- $25 — registration for Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Legislative Day
Total estimated cost of attendance
- $8,415 — tuition and fees
- $105 — other expenses
- $8,520 — total estimated cost of attendance*
*Program tuition rates, fees and related expenses are subject to change. These estimated expenses represent a good faith effort to disclose true costs of attendance.
The intern is responsible for his or her own health insurance.
Living expenses such as transportation, housing and meals are not paid to the school. However, these expenses are considered for purposes of processing financial aid, where applicable. Housing, transportation and meals are the student's responsibility.
Estimated cost of living (Rochester, Minn.)
- $800 a month — rent and utilities (two-bedroom apartment)
- $250 a month — personal expenses
- $220 a month — food costs
- $110 a month — transportation
Interns must have access to an automobile, as several community learning experiences require transportation. Interns are responsible for the cost of transportation and must have personal auto liability insurance.
Although outside employment is discouraged, students may be employed on a supplemental basis as long as:
- It does not interfere with the training program
- Their academic and clinical performance is satisfactory
Scholarships may be available for those who demonstrate financial need. The Office of Student Financial Aid can provide more details about financial aid and loan deferments.
Withdrawal and tuition refund
See the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine withdrawal and tuition refund policy.