Eight candidates are selected each year for the Dietetic Internship Program on competitive basis. The program begins the first week in October.
How to apply
Saint Marys Hospital-Mayo Clinic Dietetic Internship participates in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). For more information email DICASinfo@DICAS.org. A nonrefundable $25 application fee (check payable to Mayo Clinic) must be sent to:
Dietetic Internship Program
Dietetics Department, JO MN-98
Saint Marys Hospital-Mayo Clinic
1216 Second Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
- The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on February 15, 2013.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
The DICAS application to internships requires completion of a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Items to be addressed include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
PO Box, 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation:
- Two from instructors of courses you took in nutrition/dietetics
- One from an employer who supervised your paid or volunteer work
When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line.
Appointments to the Dietetic Internship Program are made through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics computerized Internship Match. All candidates must register through D & D Digital Systems to participate in the April match.
D & D Digital Systems must receive your registration by the deadline to compete in the match. Refer to their web site for the exact dates.
To register for a match visit:
Send match registration materials and the $50 computer matching fee via certified mail with return receipt requested to:
- D & D Digital Systems
- 304 Main Street Suite 301
Ames, IA 50010-6148
- Phone: 515-292-0490
- Fax: 515-663-9427
- Email: email@example.com
Completed applications are evaluated by a Mayo Clinic selection committee, which determines whether Mayo's application criteria have been met.
- If you are considered for an appointment, a member of Mayo Clinic's internship committee will contact you for a telephone interview. An interview will not be arranged until your application file is complete. Interviews last approximately 30-45 minutes.
Applicant matching results will be posted on www.dnddigital.com on the Notification Day. You must telephone, email or fax the DI Program Director on or before 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) of the Appointment Day to confirm acceptance of the match. Please refer to the D & D Digital Systems web site for the exact dates.