Tuition and Financial Aid
For 2013–2014, program tuition is $300 per credit. There are 30 credits in the program. The estimated tuition and fees for the full program, including estimated tution increases in the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 academic years is $9000.
- Other mandatory expenses
- $250 Activity Fee (estimated)
- Total estimated cost of attendance
You also must purchase a professional liability insurance policy for approximately $50 when you begin the program. Other expenses include lab jackets, field trips and meetings. These costs are subject to change.
It is necessary to have an insured vehicle at all times throughout the program. At 800 square miles, Jacksonville is geographically the largest city in the United States. Rotations occur throughout the Jacksonville area and surrounding counties.
You are responsible for providing your living accommodations. You may hold outside employment during the program, if it does not conflict with your program responsibilities. Outside employment is strongly discouraged.
Interns are responsible for the following approximated expenses:
- Rent: $600-$800 per month
- Food: $250 per month
- Personal and miscellaneous: $250 per month
- Transportation: $225 per month
- Professional liability insurance: $50
- Lab coats: $25
- Tuition: $9,000
- Activity fee: $250
- Students must be a student member of ADA throughout internship
- Personal auto liability insurance is required to travel to sites
- Intern is responsible for his/her own health insurance
- Costs related to elective week, if out of the Jacksonville area
Financial aid is available for the Dietetics Internship. Mayo Clinic staff members are available to provide letters to lending institutions to help defer payments of student loans. Please contact the Mayo Office of Student Financial Aid at 507-284-4839 for information regarding financial aid.