Three interns are accepted each year on a competitive basis for the eight-month Dietetic Internship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida.
There is one class of three interns for 2015, which begins in January 2015. The class is computer matched in November 2014.
How to apply
The Dietetic Internship participates in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application. If you have questions, email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
A nonrefundable $25 application fee (check made payable to Mayo Clinic, with applicant's name and DICAS number) must be sent to:
Mayo Clinic Dietetic Internship
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Online application. The online application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Central time on the dates assigned by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS are asked to complete a personal statement (1,000-word limit). Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What experiences have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Transcripts. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent postmarked by the assigned deadline to:
DICAS — Transcript Department
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02471
- Match registration. Applicants must also register online for computer matching at D & D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching Service and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central time on the assigned deadline. There is a $50 computer matching fee.
- Acceptance. Candidates selected must contact the program director in writing via email or fax within 24 hours of the notification day.