To be eligible to apply for a Dietetic Internship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, applicants must have:
- A bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university with a major in nutrition and food science or dietetics that meets the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics approved course work requirements established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- A verification statement completed by the program director
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Dietetic technician students must be in good standing with their academic affiliate and have successfully completed the necessary background courses.
For the protection of patients, students and employees, and in compliance with state regulations, Mayo Clinic requires students to be properly vaccinated. You must show proof of the following vaccinations before you begin a program at Mayo School of Health Sciences:
- Tuberculin test
- Varicella, rubella and rubeola immunity
- Hepatitis B vaccination, signed declination or immunity lab test
- Influenza vaccination for internships during October through March
Documentation of vaccinations must be provided to the Mayo School of Health Sciences education coordinator before starting your internship.
Students must have their own health insurance. Evidence of medical coverage must be provided before starting your internship.
Background check and drug screen
Prospective students must pass a criminal background check and drug screening required by state laws prior to enrollment in Mayo School of Health Sciences.
Mayo School of Health Sciences students are expected to attend all scheduled classes, examinations and assigned clinical rotations unless absence is approved.
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.