Candidates are accepted each year for the full Diabetes Intensive Training Course at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on a competitive basis. The clinical rotations for the course begin 11 times a year, and two individuals may participate each time.
Application and supporting documentation (two to three letters of recommendation and official transcripts) must be sent to be considered for the clinical rotations. Be sure to include in your online application essay if you would like to be considered as a candidate for the inpatient clinical rotation, outpatient clinical rotation or both. Failure to specify which course(s) you are applying to may result in withdrawal of consideration.
Please read the following instructions closely, as how you customize your course determines the application you must complete.
How to apply
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select the appropriate application:
- Lite Application if you are applying for the online didactic curriculum only.
- Offered once quarterly (January, April, July and October).
- Applications are accepted up to 30 days prior to the start of the quarter.
- Application for Admission if you are a nurse practitioner or physician assistant and are applying for the clinical rotations (inpatient, outpatient or both), which include the online didactic curriculum.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials in addition to the application requirements:
- Official transcripts
- Two to three letters of recommendation
You do not have to submit ACT, SAT or GRE scores at this time.
Please send the required materials that are not completed online, plus any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, if you are applying for admission for the clinical rotations (inpatient, outpatient or both) in one envelope to:
Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment may be interviewed by telephone.
- Amy J. Koenigs, R.N., C.N.P.
Diabetes Intensive Training Course Associate Program Director
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905