Up to six students are accepted each year on a competitive basis for the Cytotechnology Program. The program begins in July.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received before March 1 of the program year. The application cycle generally opens in mid-November.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal essay
Send the required materials that are not completed online, as well as any transcripts not sent directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences, in one envelope to:
- Program Director — Cytotechnology Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, for an in-person interview.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed in early April. Your reply is expected within 14 days.