There are two ways to enter the Cytotechnology Program:
- You have completed your bachelor's degree and meet the admissions requirements listed below.
- You are a senior at one of our affiliated academic institutions, which have agreed to accept our training as valid fourth-year completion of their bachelor's degrees (3+1 option).
Whichever path you choose, you must receive your bachelor's degree by the time you complete this program.
These prerequisites are required to apply for admission:
- Three years (90 semester or 120 quarter hours) in an affiliated college or university
- Twenty semester (or 30 quarter) hours in biology, biological sciences or both, including courses such as general biology, cell biology, physiology, anatomy, histology, bacteriology, parasitology, zoology, embryology and genetics
- Eight semester (or 12 quarter) hours in chemistry
- Three semester (or four quarter) hours in basic mathematics
- College or university cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, though applicants are not selected based on grades alone
See the Mayo School of Health Sciences international applicants policy.
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.