Six individuals are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program. Classes begin in early September and continue through August of the following year.
How to apply
There is no annual fixed application deadline. Receive and read all information from Mayo Clinic CPE Program. Applicants must already hold (or be enrolled in) a master’s degree in Theology or Divinity. Applicants whose denominations license/ordain ministers without a master’s degree may be given exception.
- Please submit your completed Application for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) including:
- If you are considered for an appointment, a phone/Skype interview will be arranged. An interview will not be arranged until your application is complete.
- After the phone/Skype interview and references are checked, some applicants will be invited to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director. Travel expenses will be at the applicants own expense.
- Appointment letters are mailed approximately one week after the interview. Your reply is expected within two weeks of receiving an appointment letter.
- Complete the Mayo Clinic application for employment. Health Benefit information will arrive by mail.