Note: The Clinical Pastoral Education Internship will not be accepting applications for the summer 2015 internship.
Clinical Pastoral Education Internship participants are most often seminarians or graduate-level theology students who have completed at least one or two years of theological education.
To apply to the Clinical Pastoral Education Internship, you must have successfully completed or be in the process of completing a master's degree in theology, divinity or a pastoral field.
You must also:
- Have ecclesiastical endorsement
- Show motivation for clinical pastoral education training and health care ministry
- Have clearly defined educational objectives for the experience
- Have emotional stability and physical stamina
Interns must attend all scheduled group sessions, including regular clinical pastoral education groups, as well as additionally scheduled didactic sessions. All internship participants are expected to be responsible and committed chaplains.
In addition, interns are expected to:
- Maintain endorsement or approval from their denomination
- Abide by all policies of Mayo Clinic and the Department of Chaplain Services
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.