Up to seven students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Clinical Neurophysiology Technology Program. Classes begin in late August and coincide with the start of the fall semester at Rochester Community and Technical College.
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences between November 1 and February 1 of the year you wish to begin classes in August. A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application. Admission status notification will be mailed in early April.
How to apply
Please read carefully the following instructions before you begin the online application for admission.
- Complete sections #1-5.
- Skip section #6 — Professional Licensing and Registration.
- For section #7 you will need to submit a one- to two-page (double-spaced) essay based on the questions listed on the application form using Microsoft Word. Please upload your document into the application for electronic submission.
- Click the Recommendations link. Read the instructions carefully to learn how your recommendation providers will complete the process electronically via e-mail. Recommendations submitted through any method other than on the electronic forms provided will not be accepted. Provide the names and email addresses for three people as follows:
- Work-related (such as a supervisor)
- Education-related (such as a teacher or counselor/advisor)
- Personal (such as a family friend or pastor)
Once you've read and printed these instructions, proceed to the online application. A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Submit transcripts and scores
- An official transcript from each high school, college, or university you attended
- Official results from college entrance examinations, such as the ACT, taken within the past five years.
- Results of RCTC Accuplacer assessment.
Please send all of the required materials listed above to:
200 First Street, SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
- Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the physical examination, background check and assessment of academic skills through an RCTC academic skills placement exam.
- Acceptance letters are mailed early April. If you receive an acceptance letter your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the program prerequisites and compliance with the Mayo School of Health Science admissions policy.
- If you are accepted into the program, you must also apply for admission to: