Up to seven students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Clinical Neurophysiology Technology Program. Classes begin in late August and coincide with the start of the fall semester at Rochester Community and Technical College.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1 of the year you wish to begin classes in August. Admission status notification is mailed in early April.
Please read carefully these instructions before you begin the online application.
Online application. After reviewing the instructions, proceed to the Application for Admission to submit your application. A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Complete sections 1-5.
- Skip section 6 (professional licensing and registration).
- For section 7, submit a one- to two-page (double-spaced) essay based on the questions listed on the application form using Microsoft Word. Upload your document into the application for electronic submission.
- Click the Recommendations link. Read the instructions carefully to learn how your recommendation providers complete the process electronically via email. Recommendations submitted through any method other than on the electronic forms provided are not accepted.
Provide the names and email addresses for three people as follows:
- Work-related, such as a supervisor
- Education-related, such as a teacher or counselor or adviser
- Personal, such as a friend or pastor
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- An official transcript from each high school, college or university you attended
- Official results from college entrance examinations, such as the ACT, taken within the past two years
- Results of Rochester Community and Technical College Accuplacer assessment
Please send all of the required materials listed above to:
Interview. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
- Jan W. Buss, R. EP T., R.NCS.T.
Siebens Building, Room 1016
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Acceptance. Acceptance letters are mailed in early April. If you receive an acceptance letter, your reply is expected within 10 days.
Your appointment to the program is dependent upon review of the Rochester Community and Technical College Accuplacer scores, successful completion of the program prerequisites and compliance with the Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy.
Apply to Rochester Community and Technical College. Once you are accepted into the program, you must also apply for admission to Rochester Community and Technical College.