The Child Life internship is offered once per year. Applications are accepted from March 5 to May 5 for fall semester. Two interns are selected based on applications and interviews.
How to apply
Complete the Mayo School of Health Sciences' online application form.
Your application and supporting documentation can be submitted for consideration as described above.
- Applicants may arrange to visit with Child Life faculty to learn more about the Child Life Program and internship responsibilities.
- Interviews are held for internship positions. Incomplete applications are not considered for interviews. The Child Life internship director, along with Child Life program staff, review applications and select students from based on the following criteria:
- Academics (e.g., child life core courses, related courses and electives).
- A completed application with all requested materials (application, resume, three letters of recommendation, a personal goal statement, and an academic transcript).
- An interest primarily in helping children and families (more so than long-term care or community-based Child Life).
- Volunteer and work-related experiences with children, especially children with special heath care needs.
- Letters of recommendation that document skills helpful in organization, leadership, communication, documentation and Child Life.
When all applicant files and interviews are completed, reviewed and ranked, two internship positions are offered for fall semester.