Up to six students are accepted on a competitive basis each year to the Cardiac Invasive Specialist Program. Classes begin in late August and coincide with the start of the fall semester at Rochester Community and Technical College.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and received by Mayo School of Health Sciences between November 1 and March 1 of the year you wish to begin classes. Admission is competitive. It is based on your previous education, work experience, goal statement, letters of reference and interview.
To apply to the program, please submit the following materials:
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions you attended after high school, including all college and/or university credits and grades from your most recent quarter/semester.
- Transcripts may be sent directly to MSHS from the school and must include an embossed seal. If, however, they are sent to you first, include the transcripts with your application in their original, unopened envelopes.
- Three letters of recommendation, including work-related, education-related and professional.
- Letters may also be submitted as part of the online application.
- Letters completed off-line must follow the same format as if completed online and be mailed in a signed sealed envelope.
Please send the required materials that are NOT completed online, plus any transcripts not sent directly to MSHS, in one envelope to:
Mayo School of Health Sciences
200 First Street SW
Siebens Building, 5
Rochester, MN 55905
Complete the Mayo School of Health Sciences' online application form.
- A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. An interview can be arranged only when your application file is complete.
Appointment letters are mailed by April 1. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within two weeks.
You must also enroll in Rochester Community and Technical College if you are accepted into the program. To apply see: