One candidate is selected each year for the Audiology Externship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on a competitive basis. The program runs from the beginning of June to the end of May the following year.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by Nov. 1.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After creating an account or logging in, select Application for Admission. Submit three letters of recommendation (at least two must be from health professionals) electronically.
A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
- Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- An official transcript of all college and university credits
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required on the application; results from other college entrance examinations, such as the ACT or SAT, are desirable
- A summary of clinical practicum hours
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment may be invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed at the conclusion of the interview process. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.