One candidate is selected each year for the Audiology Externship Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on a competitive basis. The program runs from the beginning of June to the end of May the following year.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by November 9, 2012.
Complete the online Application for Admission.
After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission. Submit the following items electronically.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from health professionals)
- A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application
- Submit the following materials:
- An official transcript of all college and/or university credits
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores are required on the application. Results from other college entrance examinations, such as the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT) are desirable
- A summary of clinical practicum hours
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
- Appointment letters are mailed at the conclusion of the interview process. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.