One candidate is selected on a competitive basis each year for the Audiology Externship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida. The program runs from July 1 to June 30 annually.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply for the Audiology Externship, though applicants coming from Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education (ACAE)-accredited programs are given priority.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by Nov. 1.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, select Application for Admission. A nonrefundable $50 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application.
Supporting documentation. Submit the following materials:
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- An official transcript of all college and university credits (undergraduate and graduate work)
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from health professionals)
- A statement or essay of your professional goals
- Results from college entrance examinations, such as the SAT, ACT or GRE (desirable but not required)
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment will be contacted for an interview.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed by Jan. 15. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.