One candidate is selected each year for the Audiology Externship Program at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville on competitive basis. The program runs from July 1 to June 30 annually. We encourage all interested applicants for the 2013-2014 Audiology Externship year. However, applicants coming from ACAE (The Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education) accredited programs are given priority.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by December 1.
Complete the online Application for Admission.
- After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission
- A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application
Submit the following materials:
- An official transcript of all college and/or university credits
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from health professionals)
- A statement of your professional goals
- Results from college entrance examinations, such as the SAT, ACT, or GRE, are desirable, but not required
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be contacted for an interview.
- Appointment letters are mailed by January 15. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.