Two candidates are selected on a competitive basis each year for the Audiology Externship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona. The program runs from July to June annually.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by Oct. 31 of the year before you would like to start your externship. The program starts in July each year.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, select Application for Admission (do not select Lite Application) and include these items electronically:
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of which are from health professionals)
- A statement of your professional goals
- A nonrefundable $50 application fee, which is payable by credit card via the online application
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- An official transcript of all college and university credits.
- Results from undergraduate and graduate college entrance examinations, such as the American College Test (ACT) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE), are required and exam scores can be given on your application. Original transcripts are not required.
Note: Official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the school, and any recommendation letters not submitted via the ApplyYourself online application must be submitted on school letterhead in a sealed envelope with a signature on the seal.
Send the required materials that are not completed online in one envelope to:
Judy A. Cimochowski
Mayo School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. A telephone interview option is also available.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed at the end of November or early December. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the externship is dependent upon successful completion of the health review, drug screen and background check.