Three candidates are selected each year for the Audiology Externship Program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona on competitive basis. The program runs from July to June annually.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by Mayo School of Health Sciences by October 31 of the year prior to which you would like to start your externship. (The program starts in July of each year).
Complete the online Application for Admission.
After you create an account and/or log-in, please select Application for Admission and include the following items electronically:
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from health professionals)
- A statement of your professional goals
- A non-refundable $35 application fee is payable by credit card via the online application
Submit the following materials:
- An official transcript of all college and/or university credits
- Results from undergraduate and graduate college entrance examinations, such as the American College Test (ACT) and Graduate Record Exam (GRE), are required and exam scores can be given on your application
Please note that official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the school and any recommendation letters not submitted via Apply Yourself must be submitted on school letterhead in sealed envelope with signature on seal.
Send the required materials that are NOT completed online directly to MSHS, in one envelope to:
- Judy Cimochowski
- Mayo School of Health Sciences
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to Mayo Clinic in Arizona for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Appointment letters are mailed at the end of November or early December. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within 10 days. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review, drug screen and background check.