Sports and Recreation
Recreational opportunities abound in Jacksonville and northeast Florida. Nearly surrounded by water, Jacksonville enjoys a temperate climate and host of water-based activities that include swimming, surfing, fishing, sailing, water skiing and kayaking.
In addition to its 20 miles of coastline and sparkling beaches, the city maintains acres of nature trails and hundreds of parks and playgrounds. The area is home to more than 50 golf courses, the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team, and minor league clubs in baseball and hockey.
Some regional highlights:
- The largest urban park system in the U.S.
- World Golf Hall of Fame, located at World Golf Village
- Four modern seaports, including the country's newest cruise port
- Jacksonville Suns (minor league baseball)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
- Jacksonville Sharks (Arena Football League)
- NASCAR events at Daytona Beach
- The Players Championship (PGA Tour golf)
- Gate River Run (local 15k run) and many other running events