Department and Faculty
Department of Urology faculty members at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, subspecialize in all facets of urology. U.S. News & World Report has ranked this Mayo Clinic campus among its best hospitals for the treatment of prostate cancer, incontinence and sexual difficulties.
In addition to caring for patients in their clinical practices, the department's faculty members are committed to teaching and facilitating the growth of medical knowledge. Many of our faculty members have published and lectured extensively and are well-regarded in their fields. You have direct access to these individuals throughout your time in the Urology Residency.
Advisers and mentors
The focus of urologic training at Mayo Clinic is in one-on-one mentoring by faculty.
Prominent professors of adult and pediatric urology come to Mayo Clinic each year as visiting professors. They present their work during lectures and participate in conferences, surgery and hospital rounds. You are encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities.
Visiting professors have included:
- Inderbir Singh Gill, M.D., Cleveland Clinic
- William J. Catalona, M.D., Washington University
- Jack McAninch, M.D., University of California at San Francisco
- David Staskin, M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College
- Barry Bellman, M.D., Washington University
- Claus Roehrborn, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern
- Jerry Blaivas, M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College
- Patrick Walsh, M.D., Johns Hopkins
- Dave Albala, M.D., Duke University
- Leonard Gomella, M.D., Jefferson University Hospital
- Raju Thomas, M.D., Tulane University
- Dennis Venable, M.D., Louisiana State University Shreveport
- Robert Sweet, M.D., University of Minnesota
- Joel Sheinfeld, M.D., Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Michael Blute, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mani Menon, M.D., Henry Ford Hospital