Urology Residency (Florida)
The Urology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Florida provides five years of postgraduate training: One core year of preliminary surgery and four years of clinical urology.
This residency program provides a well-rounded clinical experience, utilizing a mentor model that exposes you to all aspects of urology. You become proficient in endourology, laparoscopic urology, neurourology, sexual dysfunction, the evaluation and treatment of incontinence, reconstructive surgery, urologic oncology and pediatric urology.
From a research perspective, you critically review literature, and design and conduct retrospective and prospective clinical and surgical trials after completing the program.
Benefits and highlights
This residency is accredited by the ACGME and offers:
- Comprehensive preparation for a career in clinical practice or academic medicine
- A curriculum meeting certification requirements of the American Board of Urology
- Close working relationships with focus on one-on-one surgical mentoring
- Extensive clinical experience with both common and complex urological problems
- A strong didactic curriculum that includes a variety of conferences, lectures and courses