There are two positions available on a competitive basis each year in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic participates in the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) and is a member of National Matching Services Inc. Each applicant to our program must be a participant in the matching service.
The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery will submit a rank order list to the match and abide by the results by offering appointments to all applicants matched with Mayo Clinic.
The application form and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Sept. 1 of the year preceding the appointment date (approximately nine months in advance). The academic year begins in July with orientation in late June.
- To apply to the program:
- Visit the ADEA PASS website
- Submit the supplemental application (no fee required)
- Upload to PASS (do not send to the program):
- 2" x 2" photo
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE)
- Copy of National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)
- Copy of dental school diploma, if applicable
- Copy of naturalization certificate if not a U.S. or Canadian citizen
- Email or mail directly to the program at the address below:
A supplemental letter of recommendation
Note: The program is aware that ADEA PASS WebAdMIT allows up to four letters of recommendation to be uploaded; we require two. This "third letter" should be from someone who did not contribute to the Professional Evaluation Forms (PEFs) in your PASS application and should be sent directly to the program by the author via mail or email.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- All appointments are made through National Matching Services Inc. Candidates must register with National Matching Services Inc.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted in November each year.